Detailed Regulations on Logo Design for “Chinese Element”
I. Competition Background
Coached by Propaganda Department of CPC Shanghai Municipal Committee and Bureau of Shanghai World Expo Coordination, Chinese Element Originality Competition, jointly participated by many government authorities, industry associations, designing units, designers, media, and universities and colleges in China, is a large scale event with the theme of “making contributions to World Expo by excellent works of folk, national, and popular cultures” under the co-sponsorship of Shanghai Municipal Administration of Culture, Radio, Film & TV, Shanghai Federation of Literary and Art Circles, and Shanghai Xiazhennong National Culture Education Development Foundation.
The competition welcomes the participation from people of various circles to carry forward the folk and national cultures and popularize Chinese elements. It hopes, on the one hand, to drive the innovation of folk and national cultures, making such ones stylish, relevant to life and market, and, on the other hand, establish a platform and opportunity for the promotion and packaging of young and middle-aged designers and artists as well as the internationalization of Chinese culture in virtue of the World Expo by recommending the excellent works to the world.
II. Theme of Competition
Chinese Element, Fashionable Expression
III. Institutions and Organizations
Coached by: Propaganda Department of CPC Shanghai Municipal Committee, Bureau of Shanghai World Expo Coordination
Sponsored by: Shanghai Municipal Administration of Culture, Radio, Film & TV
Shanghai Federation of Literary and Art Circles
Organizing Committee of Shanghai Folk, National, and Popular Cultures Exposition
Shanghai Xiazhennong National Culture Education Development Foundation
Supported by: Shanghai Municipal Education Commission
Organized by: Shanghai Mass Art Center
Shanghai Jiansheng Cultural Education Development Co., Ltd
Co-organized by: Shanghai Arts and Crafts Association
Shanghai Folk Literature and Art Society
Shanghai International Culture Association
Shanghai Artists Association
Bureaus of Culture, Radio, Film & TV at the district and county level under Shanghai Municipality
Hong Kong Artists Association
Taiwan Craft Research Institute
Arting365 Interactive Media Platform
Media supported by: Xinhua News Agency Shanghai Bureau
China News Service Shanghai
Shanghai Media Group
Jiefang Daily Newspaper Group
Wenhui Xinmin Associated Newspaper Group
IV. Scope of Works Submitted
Logo Design for “Chinese Element”
1、The Logo of “Chinese Element” will be used in the development of original products, continuation activities, and brand promotion that are collected by the Chinese Element Competition.
2、The specific contents for designing include: Logo of “Chinese Element”, the standard type faces of “Chinese Element” (in both Chinese and English), standard color of “Chinese Element”, the combination of logo and standard word, and the applied design of logo.
3、Applied design of Logo (having 5 of the following options for application): product application, envelope, letter paper, paper cup, business card, badge, invitation card, document folder, letter of recommendation, information pack, company flag, storefront, work clothes, gift bag, publication, sign, breastplate, and so on.
certified or amateur designers
artists and enthusiasts
teachers and students of design major in universities and colleges
The participation can be signed up in both individual or body name; the relevant rights and interests shall be defined inside the body and representative(s) shall be elected.
VI. Requirements for Logo Design
1. The application portfolio of logo includes the effect of separate use as well as that of the combined use of standard Chinese and English characters/words.
2. The applicants shall finish all the contents of fundamental identification system design (the design of logo) and choose 5 items at will from the applied system designs; the logo and the extending application designs must be embodies within a manuscript.
3. The theme of logo design shall stand out over other elements, featuring Chinese Element with historical and modern sense.
4. Other elements related to the concept of Chinese Element can be adopted in the logo design. The sight of the logo will immediately remind people the Chinese Element with concise and smooth patterns, vivid and tasteful shape, and novel and original composition that are embedded with appropriate meaning and visionary intensity.
5. The composition of the logo, which can be widely used in carriers like product, exhibition, brochure, building façade and easily adapted to the deepening design and extension of VI with zooming convenience , shall be perspicuous, with no more than 3 colors to express the artistic effect and individuality.
6. The contents for logo design include: Chinese typeface of “Chinese Element”, English typeface of “Chinese Element”, color. Other elements, and the collocation between such contents.
VII. Uploading Requirements for Works Submitted
1. The logo part and extending application shall be embodied within a manuscript.
2. A detailed caption for design plan must be attached to the manuscript.
3. The participation works shall be submitted in electronic form. All the works must be converted to JPG for uploading with a size within 500k, pattern within 600×800 pixels, and RGB format of color.
4. The participants can choose to encrypt the exhibition functions at will.
format requirements for submitting works
format requirements for submitting works
5. Participants upload the entries directly to the official website www.cyzh.org, on which operations such as works exhibition, review, and voting can be carried out.
6. Composers shall keep the high-precision manuscripts (in format like AT, CDR, PSD,PNG, and so on), which can be provided to the organizers in case of being chosen.
7. Composers are requested to leave truthful information including name, contact address, ID number, e-mail address, and so on. To no exceptions shall the entries be returned with rejections; the composers shall retain the copy of the manuscript themselves. (P.S.: The composer’s name or any other identity marks shall by no means appear on the design documents and descriptions submitted.)
VIII. Way for Participation
Participants upload the entries directly to the official website www.cyzh.org and complete the log-in of personal information as well as the confirmation of related statements and commitments. Operations such as works exhibition, review, voting, and evaluation and choose can be carried out on the website of the competition.
Address for submitting works: www.cyzh.org
IX. Awards Categories
The Competition will carry out the selection for “Golden Phoenix” Award. The concrete categories for logo design are as follows:
First-prize Award: One (with a prize of RMB 10,000, and a crystal trophy)
Second-prize Award； Two (with a prize of RMB 5,000, and the certificate)
Third-prize Award: Three (with a prize of RMB 2,000, and the certificate)
Excellence Award: Ten (with a prize of RMB 500, and the certificate)
1. The award inners will have the chance to become the signed designers/artists. The organizing committee of the competition may provide them opportunity to present and recommend themselves by holding recommendation with the media to companies and institutions.
2. The award winners and their works may have the chance to extend their popularity by obtaining reports and profiles from media, mainly in Shanghai, across the country.
1. The above-mentioned amount of prize for awarded works is pre-tax. The organizers will withhold and remit individual income tax in accordance with the legal stipulations by People’s Republic of China.
2. The prize shall be allocated with self decision by the related composers for the body or unit participation.
X. Evaluation Standards and Procedures
1、The design works shall comply with the theme and tenet of the competition;
2、The design works must be original; the full and systematic expression of the information given as well as the visual effect is the major concern of the competition;
3、The design works are perspicuous and favorable for dissemination;
4、The design works tally with the aesthetic trend of the modern society and answer for the contemporary requirement of taste;
5、There’s no limit to the style of design as long as the connotation of oriental culture and international vision are perfectly blended.
6、Creation concept combining tradition and fashion is advocated.
（二） Evaluation Procedures
1、The organizing committee will establish an expert group for the evaluation and selection of participation works upon the end of soliciting contribution for the competition.
2、The copyright and title to the selected works belong to the organizing committee permanently, who has the right to modify the selected works. The award winners are obliged to polish the works to perfection at the request of the organizers of the competition.
3、The final outcome of evaluation and selection will be publicized to the society through the official website of the competition, www.arting365.com, or news media.
XI. Restrictions for Participation
Entries for the competition shall not be:
1. Non-original design or designs that fraudulently copy or infringe others’ intellectual properties;
2. Designs violating the theme of the competition and the requirements provided;
3. Participated in the name of a body but the relevant rights and interests have not been defined inside the body or representative(s) not been elected; or
4. Designs that have participated other design competition or designed for third-party service
XII. Competition Schedule and Timetable
According to the preparation of Shanghai World Expo, the competition is set to be started from March 31st, 2009 and ended at July 1st, 2009.
Solicitation: the solicitation of contributions for the competition will start from March 31st. 2009 and end at 24 o’clock of Beijing Time on May 31st, 2009. Works submitted or arrived after the expiration is denied with qualification for the competition with no reasons.
Evaluation and selection time (to be estimated): from June 10th to 20th, 2009
The publication of final outcome and award list (to be estimated): around July 1st, 2009
XIII. Intellectual Property
1、All the entries shall be original and not permitted for multiple submissions. The organizers are not responsible for the charges caused by the works submitted for possible violation of copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other third-party rights and benefits.
The intellectual properties of all the award-winning entries belong to the organizers of the competition who have the rights to re-design, produce, sell, exhibit, publish, and publicize in other forms the works. Other units and individuals have no right to re-design, produce, sell, exhibit, publish, and publicize in other forms the works submitted or assign to the third party. The organizers have the right to apply to the competent departments of government for the protection of intellectual properties for all the award-winning designs, and the participants have no right to transfer, publish, or take part in exhibition of the designs; otherwise the organizers have the right to pursue legal liability.
2. All the award winners shall endorse with the organizing committee of the competition the assignment of intellectual property. The organizers will cancel the qualifications for the participation, final competition, and winning for awards, retrieve the bonus, trophy, and certificate and instruct the relevant media the infringement act if the final entries and award-winning works have been found plagiarism or other infringement. The organizing units reserve the right for final decision upon decisions of all things relevant to the competition.
3. The organizing committee has the priority for preferably negotiating with the participants for the assignment of intellectual properties of the participation works in the event that the works fail to be awarded.
4、The organizing committee of the competition entrusts the Shanghai Intellectual Property Administration and profession law firms with the services for intellectual properties and legal protection concerning with the activity.
XIV. Contact Information for Organizing Committee of the Competition
Organizing Committee Address；Floor 7, No. 66, Xingfu Road, Shanghai, China
Zip Code； 200052
Personnel Contact: Mr Sun, Miss Yang
Phone No.: (86) 021-62800005 021-50278342-712
Fax: 021-52712967 021-50278342-212
Official Website: www.cyzh.org
Official E-mail: email@example.com
XV. Legal Advisor to the Competition
Shanghai Deqin Law Firm； Shang Jiangang
The organizing committee of the competition reserves the right for final interpretation; matters that are not covered in the guideline above shall be dealt in other regulations promulgated by the organizing committee.
中华元素创意大赛创意设计部分奖金发放通知大赛指南三民文化博览会赛事跟踪2009上海民族民俗民间文化博览会电子票在线下载媒体关注常见问题加密作品无法提交如何上传作品注册会员常见问题解答Detailed Regulations on Costume design for Haibao the Mascot of Shanghai World Expo (including costumes and accessories)Originality DesignGuideline for 2009 Chinese Element Originality CompetitionDetailed Regulations on Logo Design for “Chinese Element”English上海民博会走向“创意产业”民族民俗民间文化博览会瑰宝聚申城上海宣传部长王仲伟:宏扬三民文化要与民众生活结合“中华元素”三民文化创意大赛推进会举行中华元素创意大赛组委会会议召开为世博添彩 2009中华元素创意大赛启动中华元素上传作品作品展示首页法律声明